Evaluating Your Work
At the end of each study or homework session, take five minutes to think about how you have performed.
- Think positive – look at what you have achieved and which parts of the task you think you have done well.
- Don’t panic if you have not finished your list of tasks. List the tasks you still have to do and plan these in to another session of study.
- Were there any areas of the task you felt unconfident in? Make a note of these and get some more information on this topic (i.e. from textbooks, on-line resources or ask your teacher for help.)
- Did you get distracted when you were studying? Was there something missing in your preparations that could be improved next time?
- Take a few minutes to read through your assignment. Does your title match the assignment title? Does your assignment keep to the topic? Does your assignment make sense when you read it over?
- When you receive your marked assignment back from your teacher, read through
any written comments carefully, and listen to any advice the teacher gives
you. Where did you gain marks? What areas need to be improved?